We urgently need a Legal Entity Controller (LEC) at the Coca Cola Company in Lagos State, Nigeria. Qualified applicants who are interested in this position can apply below. Below is the job description and how to apply for the vacant position.
Below are all the job description, requirements and how to apply for the position of a Legal Entity Controller (LEC) in Coca Cola company Lagos, Nigeria.
- As Legal Entity Controller you will be responsible for managing accounting and tax compliance of the legal entities in Nigeria, Ghana and other legal entities within West North Africa and working as the key local Controllership business partner with the Franchise and Africa Operating Unit (OU) Leadership Team to proactively identify and mitigate strategic and transactional accounting and tax risks.
- Additionally, you will be overseeing compliance with US GAAP, IFRS and/or other local accounting regulations as well as company accounting policies, and be safeguarding the resources of the Company by ensuring compliance with Statutory requirements (no fines/penalties), enforcing internal controls and Company policies, and continuously improving them to ensure smooth operations of the business.
- Due to the organization structure of the global business, you will be required to travel approximately 10% of your time, mainly requiring overnight stays.
Job Title: Legal Entity Controller (LEC).
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND.
- Type Of Job: Full Time.
- Experience: 5 – 10 years.
- Location: Lagos.
- Field Of Job: Law/Legal.
- Manage non-financial reporting to headquarters in Atlanta, including impairment surveys, third party guarantee reports, legal reserves, payments to government officials, etc.
- Review monthly computation of service fees.
- Responsible for interacting as needed with other areas, i.e. Accounting Research, Corporate Treasury, Corporate Tax, Controllers Group, etc.
- Prepare monthly legal entity Profit and Loss´ (P&Ls) and narratives and quarterly legal entity balance sheets and narratives.
- Ensure items highlighted at monthly Balance Sheet Risk and Opportunities meetings are addressed and acted upon within agreed timelines.
- Co-ordinate the completion, review and sign-off of the Annual Financial Statements with Regional Controller, Finance Director, Planning and Analysis Manager and external auditors.
- Review Accountant in Charge Memoranda (AICs), Standard Practices and Procedures (SPPs), etc. that impact Coca-Cola business in order to ensure that the financial statements are being properly reported.
Tax Compliance, Planning and Mitigation:
- Proactively work with the BU functions to mitigate all tax risks and support Commercial Finance and Franchise teams in resolving indirect tax issues (excise, customs, VAT, withholding tax, income and PAYE) affecting the system.
- Review significant contracts, agreements and business processes for compliance and tax efficiency.
- Maintain tax tracker and engage the BU and Atlanta corporate tax department on all tax issues arising and progress in resolving them.
- Review of the monthly VAT, withholding tax, deferred tax and corporation tax computations and related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger and prepare/review monthly tax returns and follow up for timely filing with, payment to and reconciliation with Self-Assessment Returns (SARS).
- Approval of monthly/quarterly general ledger (GL) tax account reconciliations.
- In liaison with Regional Controller, engage senior tax counsel, external tax advisers and tax authorities and coordinate responses to all tax audits and queries within timelines agreed with or demanded by tax authorities.
- Collaborate with Legal and Company secretarial service providers to ensure compliance with the Companies’ Act and other local/secretarial requirements.
- Proactively manage work assigned to an external advisor to ensure that agreed timelines are met and quality standards are adhered to within the approved budget.
- Monthly/periodic review of tax authorities´ statement of accounts for all taxes to ensure payments are correctly allocated and receipt of refunds are confirmed by the treasury.
Operational Control & Compliance and Interaction Points:
- Work with BU Finance to ensure proper documentation, communication and implementation of all relevant Company policies and procedures.
- Support internal and external audit process conducted by the Corporate Audit Department.
- Support the quarterly Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) certification process for the Africa OU
- Platform Services Controllership GPO and Regional Controller – Supervision, allocation of work and problem-solving.
- Senior Tax Counsel / Accounting Research Manager / Treasury Services Managers – Problem-solving and exchange of information.
- R2R Manager / Disbursements Manager / Treasury Supervisor / Accounts Payable Manager – Liaison, exchange of information.
- General Managers – SEC Letter process and alignment of problem-solving on business and finance issues.
- Finance Management – Strategic partnerships, problem-solving
- Franchise and OU operations (Legal, HR, Operations, etc.) – Problem-solving and multi-functional projects.
- Suppliers / Tax Advisers / Auditors / Tax officials – Exchange of information.
- Bottling Investment Group (BIG), Equity Investment contacts and Equity Investees Finance Managers – Exchange of information and compliance with the company’s policy and procedures.
- Controls & Compliance – Liaison, exchange of information.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS FOR THE JOB
- University Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting or related and registered qualified professional accountant (CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent).
- In order to be successful as Legal Entity Controller for Coca-Cola, you need to be able to understand the business very well in order to develop resolutions to issues that take care of greater Company interest while obtaining alignment with all stakeholders, which on the other hand requires developed influencing skills. Effective planning and routines setting, great collaboration skills, a high level of integrity in everything you do, and a good sense for prioritization and organizing your work will be additional key success factors for you to be able to ensure stakeholder and business unit requirements are met. As occurring issues generally vary on a case by case basis, a high degree of flexibility, agility and out-of-the-box thinking is required in this role.
- If in addition, you have a knack for developing new internal control procedures with the aim to match new business models and ensure compliance while avoiding undue complexity, you´re just the one we´re looking for.
- As you will be working in a global, virtual team, previous cross-cultural exposure paired with the ability to interact across functions and hierarchies, as well as the ability to communicate with confidence while being culturally aware are crucial.
- Ensuring accounting that complies with US GAAP, IFRS and local GAAP as well as identifying root causes of non-compliance with procedures and policies, and developing actions plan to mitigate and tracking progress will be your daily business. Therefore, you should bring the following.
- 5-10 years’ experience in applied Accounting, preferably gained in a multinational environment (Big 4 or FMCG Multinational).
- Tax Planning and Compliance.
- Strategic Financial Consulting.
- Risk Management, Internal Controls (e.g. SOX, Segregation of Duties, etc.) and Auditing.
- US GAAP, IFRS and local GAAP.
- Advanced SAP and Excel skills.
- Treasury appreciation.
- Able to Set the Agenda
- Help People be their best selves
- Analytical skills.
- Be the role model
- You should be curious about life.
- You should be Empowered
- Systems thinking.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE JOB
If you are qualified and interested in the position, simply navigate to Coke.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply.
NOTE: If the job is no longer available, then the link above will become invalid but you can CLICK HERE to see the most recent and urgent jobs.